It is an indisputable fact that there is a gender imbalance within the scientific tissue. The CANTATA action aims at positively contributing to amend this situation. It will therefore make efforts to increase the participation of female researchers within the network, and moreover to involve them in leading roles.
Here you will find a record of the initiatives of the CANTATA action with regard to the Gender Balance and Equality questions, as well as links to websites with informations that concern them (e.g. the March issue of EuroScientist which addresses Gender Balance).
Some relevant documents:
- European Commission: She Figures 2015 data (pdf).
- European Commission: She Figures 2015, summary of statistics and indicators (pdf).
Other articles on the topic:
- Women in Science, by A. Rassat.
- Gender bias in science is real, by I.Yurkiewicz (Scientific American)
- John gets STEM job rather than Jennifer.
- Physicist women.
- 500 women scientists.
- L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship program.
- I can hear you are getting emotional.
- To Confront or Not to Confront.