Short Term Scientific Missions (December 2017)4 December, 2017
Short Term Scientific Missions (summer 2018)29 July, 2018
A new round of applications for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) is now open until the 31st of January, 2018. These STSM should be completed by the end of March, 2018 due to the end of the current financial year. Details on STSM and how to apply appear below.
Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) are a networking tool with the purpose to provide additional chances of individual mobility, and to potentiate already established networks and exchanges by letting scientists within CANTATA to visit an institution in either another participating COST Country or an approved NNC institution or an approved IPC institution. A STSM should absolutely contribute to progress toward the objectives of CANTATA. As discussed and agreed at the early meeting and to contribute to this goal we have prepared the following list of hot topics:
- Dark energy from purified gravity.
- Modified gravity signatures in growth , fσ8 cosmological data and in sub-mm experimental data searching for new forces.
- Modified Gravity and the Dynamics of the Local Galaxies.
- Modified Gravity signatures in Gravitational Waves Observables.
- Effective Field Theory of Dark Energy.
- f(T) teleparallel gravity and its extensions.
- Gravitational Waves in teleparallel, metric and Palatini gravity.
- Equivalence principle formulation in teleparallel, metric and Palatini
- Nonmetricity: definition and signature.
- Exact solutions in teleparallel gravity.
- Exact solutions in higher order gravity.
- Bigravity cosmology.
- Nonlinear GR effects in large scale structure formation in the era of precision cosmology.
- Degeneracies between Modified Gravity, Dark Matter and baryonic physics at cluster of galaxies scales in view of Euclid and other galaxy surveys.
- Stellar structure models in teleparallel, metric, and Palatini gravity.
- Astrophysics and cosmology with matter curvature couplings (such as f(R,T) and the like).
Applicants should normally be employed at, or be a a student at, an institution of a COST participating country having accepted the MoU of CANTATA. Moreover, it is expected that this country has a record of active participation in CANTATA. In the following we outline some useful information for candidates who wish to apply for STSM funding.
- All candidates must apply via e-cost after which they will be informed to submit the following documentation:
Candidates should have a quick look at the rules for submitting travel expenses as they contain some specifics. Applicants are encouraged to get familiar with the travel reimbursement instructions
- A letter of invitation from a senior researcher affiliated to the Host institution
- STSM application form (attached to this email as a pdf document).
- Motivation letter including a work plan detailing the proposed activities [1 page].
- Support letter / email from the Home Institution [1 page].
- A full C.V. (including a list of academic publications – if applicable).
Any informal requests about STSM can be sent to the STSM coordinator (Christian G Boehmer, UCL, email@example.com)
- Accommodation expenses are paid against a flat per-diem rate of e120 irrespective of the actual cost, this flat rate includes breakfast. No copies of receipts are required.
- Meals are paid against flat rates only. No invoices or receipts from the meal providers are required. Flat rates can never exceed EUR 20 per eligible meal. A maximum of up to two meals per day are eligible (two meals strictly concern lunch and dinner – breakfast expenses are not eligible expenses). Meals provided by other sources must be deducted from the number of meals that can be claimed by each participant.
- Economy class air travel only, even if business class happens to be less expensive.